<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Just One Beer 

It's now over. Sat the psych exam yesterday, think i may have done ok, but i'm not really sure, I didn't actually do any study for it so it will be interesting. Suggested to a friend that we should go to the pub to celebrate. Just One Beer was the line I used to buy her. She accepted and off to the pub we headed. So it began...

On the way to the pub we meet this crazy guy from our psych class that i've never said a single word to all semester, and he's get's all chatty and stuff, says he's gonna meet us at the pub. cool. But we're only going for Just One Beer. This guys is a bit older, one of those strangedonelotsofcrazythings and nowhe'stryingtofigureoutwhy by studying psych guys. Interestingly after talking for a while i found out he's from ohope. He's got five kids, and he used to be a speed addict and now he works in a drug rehab clinic.

Where do these people come from? How come i always end up findig them? I don't mind really, i enjoy talking to people who have bizarre histories. anyway, i have learnt as a result of last night that it's not a good idea to hang out with only psych students at the pub. We talked about some weird shit, got some funny looks from the regular people who were talking about 'normal' stuf like rugby or the girl they hooked up with last night. Needless to say Just One Beer turned in to Just Keep Drinking Till I've Got No More Money.

I got to the point where I had actually drunk myself sober. I went into that hyper aware analyising my surroundigs mode and making commentray on the social dynamics to the person sitting next to me, who i'd only met that day too. The girl that came with me to the pub vanished with her boyfrien. Damn boyfriends always getting in the way of a good time. Somehow we ended up in a different pub that is joined on to the pub we were at first. But this pub was like the pub from Once Were Warriors. i wasn't the only white person there, but i was the only white person dressed like a white preson. I think i was the only person in the pub whoses pants actually fitted.

I started talking to this maori girl, and shes drinking and smoking and telling me how she had to remove her bellybutton ring when she got pregnant. I say - oh so whos looking after your little one now? she laughs, stands up, and to my horror i realise shes still pregnant. i gave her the dissapproving stare, and she says - yea i know but my mum drank when i was in her belly and my aunty did it too and we all turned out alright.

*sigh*

I'm sure there was a point to all this and maybe at a later date i'll tie it all up but right now i need to nurse my hangover...
0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?