<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

why do i have to think? 

I guess the whole point of being at university is to expand your mind, make you more worldly, and to help you to examine arguments critically. Basically, to make a mind think. Properly. Yesterday I had one of those mind expanding days at uni where you come home filled with new perspectives and ideas about how the world works, a bit shaken cause certain things that you've never questioned to be anything other than true, are not.

Then you get home sit down, and watch Shortland Street. Effectivly erasing all the good stuff that came in to your head that day. Really though, even though i'm not the best example of a uni student. I find that I'm thinking more. or maybe i'm not really thinking more but just that the thinking i'm doing now is structured, with a point. Rather then the aimless wonderings of my previous mind. Anyway, the problem is now, trying to control my thinking. Espeically in the morning, and the afternoon, and at night too. Yea so all the time really. But mostly when I'm awake.

I'll be sitting in a fascinating lecture (as was the case this morning), about Palestine and Israel and other middle eastern countries, and my lecturer says something so profound, that it takes me a while to assimilate and reconcile the information, and I find i've been thinking about stuff he said ten minutes ago, and what has he said since then? I don't know.


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?